Friday, 4 March 2011

Recipes, latex and stitch

I found a piece of fabric which I had part coated in latex a couple of weeks ago. After a small battle and only mild loss of sewing machine needles I managed to embroider onto it turning it into a lined paper extract from a book.
I embroidered a little bit onto it and decided to scan it and try playing with the photo transfer paper. I embroidered on top of it, and here are the results.
I really quite like them!
I thought the back of the piece was quite interesting too, I was surprised that you could still read the writing. So I scanned it in and flipped it - Happy Accident!

No comments:

Post a Comment