Thursday 3 June 2010

A Conclusion to the Stroud Project



Having submitted my spoons to The Museum In the Park in Stroud i felt that i needed a change of direction. the 8 month project based around the same simple form had left me completely drained of ideas.
I had managed to get my hands on a copy of 'The Subversive Stitch' a book by Rozsika Parker which looks at the oppression of women in society through needlework.
This is a subject I had touched on briefly in my project through the ideas of division of labour and some domestic objects being associated with women and 'Women's Work'.
So i carried on down the path of domestic objects .
These are old royal dalton 'mosaic collection' teacups and saucers. I've covered them in Latex, old crochet, lace and family photographs. I think they have quite a nice organic quality, like they've been overgrown.


No comments:

Post a Comment