Monday 1 February 2010

Live Project for Stroud International Textiles Festival 2010





This year i have been given the opportunity to take part in a live project for Stroud International Textiles Festival 2010 and produce work based on the collections held in the Museum in the Park in Stroud.
On my visit to the museum i studied the collections and found myself drawn to the antique kitchenware collection (unsupprisingly!!) I took interest in a box of old wooden and metal serving spoons, it captured me, and this is when i decided that my Live Project was going to be based around the idea of the humble spoon.
after all, noone ever pays it any attention!

These are just a few working samples, embroideries and images of what i've done so far.

http://www.museuminthepark.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment