Monday 7 November 2011

Christmas Knitting.



I've finally begun knitting for Christmas. [ A little bit late really but it's still only November!]

I've knitted 3 hats so far, but I've decided that I like this one so much I've got to keep it for myself. Although the photo doesn't show it, the yarn is a rich bottle green and the bow is the same colour velvet, topped with a lovely little gold button I found.

Although the colour is slightly reminiscent of my old school uniform, I completely love it!

.....Now i've kept this hat I've got one more to add to the list of things to knit.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, nice knits young lady! What pattern did you use? My mum's after a Christmas hat :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I didn't really use a pattern, I can't cope with them!!

    But:
    It's 68/70 stitches on size 7s, with a few rows of double rib, and then lace knit, k2tog, yarn over, on the front and purl on the back. measuring on my head as i go. to finish a few rows of stocking stitch and when it's head-sized, decrease by half on each row and sew up the back.

    Hope that makes sense! xxx

    ReplyDelete